It is the middle of February – and there is a lot happening around us in New England!
With the snowstorms coming through, we are getting a chance to understand what we love about our seasons … mainly that this winter too shall pass. The Patriots winning the Super Bowl (and how!) was of-course a much-needed reprieve for the winter weary in New England.
Seriously, all that digging out and snow days have given us a chance to reflect on what is important to us. January brought renewal and with it some uncertain times. A new President and Administration impacts not just policy but Real Estate transactions as well. These include:
- Interest rate changes
- A promise of less regulation
- Investment properties – whether to make that purchase or not?
- Confidence levels of recent immigrants when it comes to new Real Estate transactions.
With many things changing around us, a common reaction is to hunker down. Many people have developed a ‘let’s wait for the dust to settle and see’ attitude for all the above issues. However, that is not necessarily the move. An educated and informed consumer always has the edge!
Holding off on decisions has a definite impact on the Real Estate Cycle. It could also negatively impact your bottom line. Savvy Realtors as well as sellers and buyers who keep well informed on what is happening around them and the market do well no matter the circumstance.
I would love to hear from you. This is also a reminder that if you, or someone you know, is looking to sell/buy or invest in Real Estate to give me a call.
Meanwhile, as the snow melts away here are some things to keep in mind:
Thinking of selling your house? The time to get ready is now! Things you can do while the snows melt –
- De-clutter and get organized for the major move – it will be here soon
- Itemize the must-dos to get the house ready for a sale
- Get contractors in for estimates and schedule the time for the word
- Consider getting a jump on the market by being among the first to list
Getting ready to buy your next home? Get prepared for the selling season:
- Sweep up some of the good deals from last season – yes there are some houses that have been on the market for a while. This is a great time to revisit them. There may be some deals awaiting you, as those sellers, like you, know that many more homes will be competing with theirs soon!
- Become a strong contender for any offer you make. Revisit your budget; know your preferred price and upper limit for offers. This is also a good time to make adjustments for changed circumstances and then reapply for pre-approvals if out of date.
As always, I would love to help with your real estate needs or answer any questions you, or your friends, may have – so do not hesitate to call or reach out.